Christa Bell

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Mercury Retrograde

WHY DOES MERCURY HATE ME SO MUCH??? i wonder if i stop believing in mecury, will he quit fuckin' with me...Mercury, the planet of communication and transportation is retrograde through the 25th of march and trans/comm is majorly jacked up in my world right now...my flight from LA to portland last night was delayed just enough to make me play the race card (and i NEVER play the race card!) on the customer service kid who was telling me, "sorry, it's not our fault. no you can not get a refund on your ticket. no you can not take an earlier flight. no you we can not switch you to another airline. no you will not be compensated for the performance you will miss at portland state university. no you can not speak to my supervisor. now please, step aside so i can help the other customers." to make a long story short, i staged a sit-in at the customer service counter until the agent found me another flight that would get me to my destination on time. wouldn't budge. just stood there and looked at him with, like, 10 people behind me in line waiting. so he got back on his little computer and found me a way to portland. LIKE HIS PUNK ASS SHOULDA DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!! (sorry...am rarely peaceful during merc retro...)

YAAAAY!! i made it! and the show was solid, but since i'm losing my voice and have caught some kind of travel bug from traversing 5 different climates in 10 days, have decided to rest in portland until the 18th and cancel 'a mic and dim lights' tonight back in LA.

the LA shows have been good, but the other night, at 'da poetry lounge' i was completely high on stage because i didn't think the cold medicine i'd taken was working so i took a double dose and then a claritin on top of that because my nose just wouldn't unplug!!

so right before i go on, i whisper to my sister, are you making faces at me, or am i just high on cold medicine?? she was like, OH MY GOD YOU'RE TRIPPING! HOW MANY DID YOU TAKE?? YOU KNOW HOW SENSITIVE YOU ARE TO DRUGS!!! but then she pulled herself together and was like, ok christa, ground yourself and focus. use the high, don't let it use you...so i'm up on stage confusing the angels with ghosts and trying to crack jokes between poems that are funny to me, but then forgetting the punchlines...coochie magic lasted for like, 10 minutes, because i lost all track of time, and then shihan was ready to pull me off the stage with one of those gong show canes because i kept going on and on...but apparently, i gave a stellar performance. solds lots of merch and was given major love all around...AND NOBODY KNEW I WAS HIGH!! wow...more later...cbell

3 Comments:

  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger my coffee is always said…

    Breathe...that would have been funny to watch.. not a good experience though.. mercury always seems to get the best of me... i often hide from others, including myself.. glad you made the show in portland on time... jam on it! i heard they have been hot like fire... really wanted to be there.. hope you are recording another live cd.... don't want to tell you what to do, but...you, no i really need another cb cd.. i am totally hooked and now know every word on word medicine.. did you ever get a copy of voodoo (by mojoe)? been working on something.. hope to send it to you since it's based on our conversation, if that's okay... heard jono got to see you again.. take care..
    thir13teen (texas) in case you forgot

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Shelle said…

    now this is too funny, but glad u got thru it momma and glad u made your flight. i can just see u, looking ah sweet at the counter, but be damn if u were going to budge. yep he should of taken care of it the first time.
    like 13 said hope u r recording another, loved the first one.

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger CousinSarah said…

    Being a virgo, I totally feel you. Mercury increases my already forgetful tendancies. I get tired and find I want to quit my job more often cause things that should take one step take 12.

    I am sorry you werent feeling so hot. On the other hand, it speaks to your fabulousness that you did the dang thing high without anyone ever noticing. :)

    Just FYI, I find your posts on spiritual issues very intriguing. I believe in an amalgamation of paths and just really enjoy some of your posts. The idea of Africans lost in that middle ground does make sense, and your desire to learn to help them only further speaks to your heart. Thanks for sharing you and your knowledge.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home