Christa Bell

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

in this moment

i am so happy to be here, in this body that i have chosen, with all it's little lines and crinkles, moles and marks...this body that is starting to creak in the morning when i get out of bed if i haven't stretched the night before...that has carried me through my entire childhood and the entire decade of my 20's...my body (the one i have chosen!) has loved me, even when i hated her...she has forgives my constant criticism and given me flawless skin...smiled at me with perfect teeth...she never ever gives in to sickness (ever! i am ALWAYS well!)...and no matter how much weight i gain or lose, she wears the clothes i choose as if she were the empress of the entire universe...yeah...she fly...and thick...and healthy...she comes magnificently whenever i call...and is the best kisser i know...so what am i doing with all this lusciousness? tonight; i am reading her poems, feeding her lemon pound cake, the kind with the crunchy lemony white frosting, stretching her, rubbing her with oil, and stroking her to sleep...because i have decided to love her...i am all that she has...

7 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Mahogany L. Browne said…

    beautiful...

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger Shelle said…

    ...because i have decided to love her, i am all that she has...
    and it is truly that simple...so beautiful

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger CousinSarah said…

    You are amazing. quite simply. I hope one day I will fall in love with myself the way you have fallen in love with yourself. I really want that.

    You truly are an amazing example for women.

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awww. i love it sis!!! in. this. moment.

    peace

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Christa Bell said…

    poetry2all...i don't know who you're talking about. sorry. cbell

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Christa Bell said…

    poetry...also, please do not ever say disparaging things about queen sheba or any other sister on my blog...thank you...cbell

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love this.....it made me smile and cry at the same time....its beautiful to be woman and to know how beautiful you are.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home