Christa Bell

Monday, February 27, 2006

Detroit to LA

tryna be cheap, it took me 10 or 12 hours to get from Detroit to LA (the ticket was something like $120) but i finally made it and am at my little sisters house for a few days before i head out to hawaii to feature at the honolulu slam for womens history month...the biggest one in the country...detroit was very good to me...stayed with cassie poe with daily special guest appearances by ben (you KNOW...BEN! Ben!) who is the most politically incorrect man i've ever known but who is also so hilarious, i forgave him...performed tons (more than what's posted on my schedule), did a youth performance workshop with nandi at youthville last thursday, attended the youth slam on saturday night, and hooked up with my new fave poet blair afterwards...kalimah's joint, pic nap, at the meetery eatery on fridays is the shiznit...very cool crowd and venue...christina archer set the whole detroit leg up so mad love to her for that...also: versiz took me to the best borders books in the world! it was like a revolutionary independent bookstore and i finally found "theatre of the oppressed" by agusto boal and also picked up natalie angiers, "woman. an intimate geography" because i'm a copycat and if roger bonair-agard is reading it, i wanna be down too...versiz also came up with the word "fonkgoddess" while helping me revamp my bio...am super exhausted now...was gonna go to a slam at green with my sister melany and her boyfriend kevin sandbloom but decided to stay home instead (I WOULDN'T BE SEEN...GREEN!) and watch the three little pigs starring jeff goldblum and billy crystal...more later...cbell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home