Christa Bell

Monday, November 14, 2005

it's been a long time

Dear Christa Bell,

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm a sophomore at Western Kentucky University majoring in English. I do slam with the Bowling Green slam team.I had the pleasure of seeing you perform this summer at the National Poetry Slam in New Mexico. When you performed in finals, I just remember being spellbound by your words and your presence. It was as if a goddess had walked into the room and decided to share her knowledge with us.

Since then, I go to your website almost daily and listen to your performances. They are so encouraging. Your words get to the very heart of me. This year I've been struggling to love myself again. It seems that I continually look to others for validation. I know this must change. When I read and listen to your poetry, loving myself seems possible; Reclaiming myself seems possible.

Thank you for being such a powerful woman.

Sincerely,
Saeed Jones

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home