Christa Bell

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Heat

florida is off the hook! oh my god this weather is amazing...hot and thick and breezy with just enough wet...i rode a bike down the middle of the street while licking a cherryrainbow popcicle to the library this morning...where else can you do that in the middle of winter? lots of old folk and american flags everywhere...i wonder if one has anything to do with the other? am being taken care of by the lovely del rey beach slam master cassandra who blair raved about before i even got here.

performed at DADA in del rey beach last night...interesting crowd...i've never been heckled before...especially not by a drunkard...(except once, in bed, but that's another story)...and then, after the show, i listened very politely as a man i'd known for exactly 45 seconds relayed to me all the paralells beteween spoken word, and golfing. and you'd never know that there're so very, very, very, (zzzzz), very many. apparently, it's all about feeling what's going on in your body and relaying it via the poem, or the swing...it was actually a good conversation (although even the thought of golf bores me to eating--so i had a rare steak and horseradish mash)...very buddhist (the conversation, not the steak)...

have a show tonight at the funky buddah, and then tomorrow night at the orlando poetry slam...am on my way to the beach right now...do a lil ritual to yemaya, because coochie magic isn't always enough...more later... will post info about the prosperity plan in a few...cbell

5 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Rich Villar said…

    Ha. Found you. You are SO getting linked on my blog. :-)

    Hello, lady. I wasn't able to catch you at either of your other shows here in NYC but I DO know you rocked out something hardcore at 13.

    Don't think I forgot about the chapbook, either. LOL

    Probably won't be in Charlotte, but I might just see you in Austin. Maybe before that if I manage to get my ass to the West Coast.

    Be good.
    Rich Villar.

     
  • At 2:35 AM, Blogger Copasetic Soul said…

    glad you are enjoying FLA. Cassandra is so damn kewl...

    now, just make sure you have my cd at iWPS.

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Shelle said…

    heard your live version cd last night, and can't stop playing it all today...hope i don't wear the grooves out or 13 will KILL me...
    can't wait for u to bless our stage here in austin at Neosoul

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Mahogany L. Browne said…

    i wanna popsicle ... :( jealouuuuus

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger CousinSarah said…

    I got to go to Black on Black Rhyme in Tampa on a recent visit. It was a slow night cause John Legend was also playin but the poets were amazing.

    I love Florida. I would move to Tampa in a minute...

    I also got to hear your live CD via 13. Very ready for your grace on our mic!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home