Christa Bell

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

christabellonline.com

opened for saul williams monday night @ western washington university in bellingham and brought up my new beatbox dax jamel (who i just found out can SING!) with jabril electric on guitar...did the "holy" set and RIIIPED IT!... great show and saul was amazing as usual...he read this long ass 20 page poem about everything in the world plus a dream and even when his voice dissolved into mantra, humming for minutes at a time, whenever i pulled my mind back to the individual words, it was like i hadn't missed a beat...his shit is so layered...was great to connect again with the young feminists at wasu who consistently curate the most progressive and philosophically diverse shows! big shout out to afros, shannon, gabrielle and stephanie who love women and who especially support my work!

website is finally up thanks to my boy inye wokoma (www.ijoarts.com) who also took the most AMAZING photographs of me! check/check me out @ christabellonline.com...i wanted it to be zenmystic and super accessible...let me know what you think of the layout.

am exhausted right now but wanted to get a blog out real quick...more later...christa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home